Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Hobbies/time-wasting

It might be due to that I didn't really do anything during puberty that I now want to try out some of the stuff I do now. I didn't play in any band, so now I'm learning piano, I didn't study any foreign language (outside of English) so now I've taken up Japanese. In fact, I can't think of anything substantial that I actually did during my spare time apart from sitting in front of the computer. Maybe reading, but that's not really the kind of thing you do to conquer the world, like starting a band is. In fact, I was reading lots and lots of science-fiction (I was a big fan of Iain Banks for a while; yet I managed to avoid William Gibson, that's odd), which one might even associate with escapism and trying to forget whatever problems I was having then. And now that I'm older and my balls have emerged I want to try some of the things I missed out on.

I really should find a girlfriend studying psychology so I could get all these things sorted out.

No comments: