Friday, July 22, 2005

Audio stuff

I'm thoroughly enjoying Terry Lin's series on audio compression. I'm thinking that's the stuff that could be useful to know if the band ever gets on its feet. Sure there are other sources for the same info, but it's nice to have it served on a platter without having to google for it.

Right now all I've got to play on is a crappy old keyboard that my brother originally bought ten years or so ago. No midi, no real samples for the instruments. And the head-phone jack is busted too. At least it's a good training keyboard. It's not like anyone will miss it if I'd break it or something.
But midi is something that I'd really want to use. I've got Garageband, and I've been playing around with it. Very neat application, but the lack of real midi input means I'm inserting noted manually. Which is a real hassle.

The problem is of course that the good stuff cost a lot of money. Which I don't have. Hmm.

No comments: