Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Onward with Japanese

Tomorrow I'm actually beginning the course in Japanese (though I'm suspecting the first day will only be introductions etc.) at that weirdo place. Fortunately I don't have to get up too early, so it'll probably be fine. Still feels a bit weird to actually do it.

I found out how to block most embedded sound files with adblock (you use the * wildcard in front of any file extension like .mp3, .wma, .mid and so on). I'll probably miss the one-in-a-million webpage that actually embeds sounds in a good way, but it has greatly reduced the stress of going through crap blogs made by angsty teenagers insisting on exposing you to their bad taste in music just because their page happened to come up. I also find it annoying with people who overlay stupid graphics over the blogger navbar, and I've been toying with the idea of completely blocking free image hosts like photobucket and the like, if only it weren't that I use those too. I've also discovered that adblock doesn't seem to block files served from an ftp server.

I haven't been practicing the keyboard that much lately. It's like I haven't really been doing anything lately except for playing GTA: SA. I should really try to finish Crime and Punishment so I can return it to my sister. (Though something tells me that will take a while still.)

Btw, here's a pretty fun clip of some dude starting to dance in a record store. (3gp, Quicktime will play it.)

No comments: