Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Beware: concerned citizen

I just wrote my first "letter to the editor", in reply to some random politician who's been drinking the corporate Kool-Aid.

More precisely, it was about that old thing. I tried to get my brother to care, but that proved to be an exercise in futility. Just as in Nazi Germany, nobody notices unless it's something that directly involves them. I suppose I'm not much better since I haven't really done much up to this point. Not that a letter to some backyard paper would do anything either, but at least it's off my chest now, and now I can go on with my plan to not buy any CDs by companies involved with the RIAA. Luckily, this does not include the soon-to-be-released new album by Boards of Canada "The Campfire Headphase"! Looking forward to it very much. I would rate their "Music Has The Right To Children" as one of the best albums in my collection (which says as much about my collection as the album, I suppose).

2 comments:

Sho Fukamachi said...

Fellow BoC fan, eh? I like them a lot too, got several of their albums, mostly on mp3 since you just can't buy them. I do have "music has the right to children" though.

To be honest, I really like the older stuff more. Do you have the Twoism EP? That's got my favourite track on it, but I also like "aquarius" and many other songs of theres ..

We used to call that kind of music IDM.

Jacke said...

To be honest, I can't remember if I have Twoism, I have an image in my memory that looks like it... Will have to check my record collection. I haven't heard much of their older stuff since I haven't really hunted around for MP3s (lazy/busy).