Saturday, October 29, 2005

I get up, I get down

For some reason unknown to me I've been feeling a bit down today. In theory I should be content, seeing as I have just had an exam today that felt pretty good (I might even pass this one on the first attempt!), and there's nothing on the horizon except for learning more Japanese, which I actually enjoy.

I thought that maybe it was the nagging feeling that I should stop living as a parasite and get a real job, but that's not really it (besides, that's always there). No, I believe what I'm feeling currently is the emptiness that comes from the lack of a relationship with another human. Not the kind of relationship you have with your family or fellow man, but a relationship you have with someone of the opposite sex (usually, as is the case for me) you feel attracted to. I suppose you should get used to not being in a relationship, and I guess you wouldn't really be able to miss something you've never known, but I think it's something fundamental in the human psyche that urges us toward coupling up, and if that urge is suppressed for long enough you start developing oddities and/or depression.

Oh well, back to studying kanji, I suppose.

8 comments:

Ainu said...

Nice to hear that your exam went fine.

It's okay to fell down sometimes, especially after an exam. You are very handsom young man - I'd be happy to see you in love. I hope someone notices you!

Ainu said...

And you are hard-working and smart too.

Jacke said...

Thanks for the compliments! Though I really wouldn't categorize myself as hard-working... It's only when doing something I really enjoy that (like Japanese) that I get into it, I think I would be pretty bad at a "regular" job ;)

Jonas said...

Psst...dude! She is coming on to you :p...Have I told you about the time I hit on a redhead? Redheads rock...it's like their heads are on fire ;) ...Hey! What the h**l is that word verification? I can't read that!

Jacke said...

Psst...dude! She is coming on to you :p

Uhh, she has a boyfriend, you know...

Jonas said...

So? Lots of chicks who have had bf's have come on to me...Well, either way, you should use this chick to learn Finnish better dude..Then you can join me at Fontana to pick up Finnish chicks :p

Jacke said...

Then you can join me at Fontana to pick up Finnish chicks

Is that really all you can think about? :P

Jonas said...

Yes it is. I have to pick up some of the slack from you and my main man martin :p...seriously though, I should find a better use for my brain...probably...like a paper weight or something.