Saturday, December 03, 2005

Too Damn Late (starring Garageband)

I really thought I'd be able to start normalizing my sleeping-patterns, but then my brother starts building something in Garageband, one of the easiest, most creative and most time-wasting things there are on the Mac. The simplicity combined with the power makes for an absolutely addictive experience, you Windows-users should be thankful you can't use it. It eats you up whole.

So, it's now 3 AM, with my brother originally starting the thing at 7:40 PM. Last change on that file is at 8:30 PM, which is when I took over, saving the changes I made to a new file. I just now got off it. Dangerous.

On the plus side, the tune came out sort of nice. It's sort of a dance-tune with a good beat to it. My brother found a cool bass-sample in the GB loop library that I fixed up a bit for my own purposes. The song actually turned out in a way that it could take on some vocals too. Maybe I should contact our cousin, who we have sort of decided should be the singer for the band... Wonder if she still remembers our verbal contract ;)

3 comments:

Jonas said...

I have an idea..We could put that "ja har ju aldri gaser" quote into the song! That would be hilarious...and guaranteeing no shot at the song becoming popular ever :p

Jonas said...

OR..we could try to make the vocal track good and "accidentally" leave a copy at the dj at fontana..He'll start playing it and we become famous and dirty rotten stinkin' rich!..At the very least get laid a lot..

Jacke said...

So it's either make it stupid or do try our best. Tough decision...

But I'm with you on the "stinking rich"-part.