Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ghost in the Shell (Stand Alone Complex)

The above is an excellent image, by the way, and I'm kicking myself for not getting the poster when I had the opportunity.

So I just watched the two final episodes of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex season 2 anime series. To be honest I did get a little teary-eyed for a while; if I told you which scene it might spoil it for you. Besides, those who haven't seen it would probably laugh their asses off.

Alright, for those who have seen it, without revealing too much, it was in the final scene with the Tachikomas. It was the singing that really got to me.

I'm not really interested in anime, it's just the couple that have caught my interest: Akira and Ghost in the Shell. It was a pretty strange path that I took really; it started with me getting interested in the game Oni, which I learned had been influenced greatly by GITS. After long consideration I decided to get the movie. This was a pretty big leap for me, having no previous experience with anime. In hindsight, I would say it was a pretty good introduction.

No comments: