Tuesday, January 17, 2006

In which I talk about...

Puberty
Even though I sort of miss that time when I was in puberty, I have no wish to go back. Many people look back on those days through rose-tinted glasses and think about how carefree they were. I'm not saying my life is perfect, in fact my problems I have these days are probably more important than the ones I had back then, but the all hormones flowing through me then made me very unstable. I always felt awkward and insecure. As I've grown older (perhaps not yet grown up) I've learned to live with my awkwardness and insecurity, and above all learned to accept myself to a far larger degree than I could before.

***
押忍!闘え!応援団! (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)
I got this game today and I'm completely hooked. If you have a Nintendo DS, get this game. It's in Japanese, but that doesn't matter as you can pick it up pretty quickly without knowing the language. And since I'm studying it it's double-plus good for me!

The premise of the game is that you use the touch-screen to tap in beat with the music, which helps the Ouendan cheer-squad cheer on people who need... cheering. And then there's the stories themselves, which are presented in a manga-like fashion on the upper screen, showing the character working hard as he's being cheered on. Miss too many beats and he/she breaks down in the face of the challenge...

It might sound weird when it's described, but this game has a charm that is seldomly seen.

***
Poster + frame = ?
I need to get a frame for this neat geisha-poster I got as a Christmas present from my sis'. The motif is of a geisha holding one of those paper-parasols up towards the camera so you can only see her feet. I wish I could find a pic of it online...

***
Deadlines
And the wonderful wooshing sound they make as they fly by. Love it.

3 comments:

Linnéa said...

I already knew I had to get Ouendan, now I know it even more - have to get it!

As for puberty I've never had those rose-tinted glasses, feels great to be older and to understand that it's not the end of the world if you mess up a bit.

Ainu said...

I'm just getting rid of one mess I made when I was 14.

I took six years to get the courage..

So, I don't look at my past through rose-tinted classes either.
Sometimes I think: "how easy the school work would be now...!!" But I've grown. And school work should always be challencing.

I have a geisha poster too that needs a frame. But I should buy a lamp and a bed...

Jonas said...

I thought most people looked back at puberty with horror and general disgust. I know I do :p... Personally, I believe I’m living the best years of my life right now. You know, with the dreadful reality of life not yet having hit me, I’m 26 and think I’m going to live forever…I should write a glam rock song about it.