Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fucking shit.

I don't normally use that foul language in writing, but I've hit a wall in Ouendan so impenetrable that it's not even funny. It's not even the last level, it's one that I actually have finished once, but I seem completely unable to replicate that feat.

Let me give you an example: after every time I play that song, failing every time, I get an urge to just toss the DS away and/or break something. So far I've mostly taken my aggressions out on the little stylus used to control the game, trying to snap it in two out of pure frustration. For better or worse, it seems pretty sturdy, as so far it has only bent willingly in whatever direction. This has caused it to become a bit crooked and white with the colour of stretched plastic. Good thing I have another one, but if I keep this up I'll probably have to buy a couple of spare ones.

At this point I almost enjoy rehearsing kanji more than playing.

***
I had a bit of a panic-moment today when driving home from town as a traffic light switched over to red as I was in that in-between zone where you can't really drive through, but it's still a bit short distance to stop safely in time due to the icy road. I went for the stop and was a bit flustered when I noticed the car slipping. In the end I overshot the stop-line with a meter or two, but fortunately I had a big lead on the car behind me, so I could reverse the car safely. Had I been quick enough to think of also engine-breaking (shifting down while breaking to slow down faster) I probably would have stopped in time, but it's hard to think when you're panicking.

No need for sermons about driving more safely, please.

6 comments:

Ainu said...

Don't die ;)

Jonas said...

You need to drive for carefully :p
Oh, and relax a bit about that game thing..play some san andreas and shoot something...that always gets me in the mood...I mean BETTER mood. Freudian slip

Jacke said...

Ainu said...
"Don't die ;)"

I can't die yet, I still haven't been to Japan even once!

Jonas said...

Does that mean you're gonna off yourself after you've been there? Can I have your stuff?

Jacke said...

What?! No! And no!

Jonas said...

Soooo.... can I have your stuff anyway?...except for the books 'cause I don't read..and all those jap things...or computer stuff...Oh heck, you haven't got any cool stuff i want. Forget it.
If I die you can have my stuff.