Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Help!

Help! I need somebody
Help! Not just anybody
Help! You know I need someone
Help!
-The Beatles, Help!
Lately I've been listening to The Beatles quite a lot. When I was younger I thought that people who listened to "old stuff" like that were a bit snobby, but as I've grown older I've really come to appreciate it. So does that mean I'm old or snobby? (Don't answer that please...)

Another reason I've been listening to them is that they have a lot of catchy songs, the kind that I would like to write myself, so I'm hoping for some inspiration. More specifically, it's the upbeat love-songs that I really like, such as the aforementioned Help!, A Hard Days Night, Can't Buy Me Love, She Loves You, I Want To Hold Your Hand, etc.

***
It was a bit comical earlier today when the class disappointed the teacher by not knowing basic copulas... To my defence I can only say that I had slept badly and so wasn't on the top of my game.

ごめんね、エロマー先生…

10 comments:

Jonas said...

What the fudge is copulas? You mean copulation right? Can you guys do that during class? I think I will take some classes there. Seriously, just listen to that kind of stuff all the time and you will start to pick up on rhythms, chord progressions and what kind of tricks they use.

Ainu said...

Jonas is hilarious.

Ah. Copulas.. I'm better with paper than out loud.


I'm a snob. Yes, I'm a snob. I've always liked old stuff.

Not Beatles, though.. My music teacher was a Beatles fan and I can sing Hey Jude, Elanor Rigby, Fool on the Hill... They haunt me now..

You should try Dusty Springfield.

Jonas said...

I learned some japanese today; I shit in a su. I think they left out the ending on the last word though...should probably read "supper".. It means "I love you"

Ai shite imasu...but not in a gay way.

Jacke said...

ainu said...
"... Elanor Rigby..."

That song has a really nice string arrangement, by the way :)

jonas said...
"I learned some japanese today"

I'm trying to imagine where you would pick that up...

Jacke said...

Ainu said...
"Jonas is hilarious."

And he looks like Charlie Sheen!

Jonas said...

Yeah well...i look like him when you are drunk. I've heard it from...*counting*..6 people..three of which were more or less intoxicated at the time.
Maybe I DO look like him...but I'm not sure if it's a compliment or not 'cause I don't find him all that attractive really.

Sho Fukamachi said...

what the hell does "エロマー” mean?!

エロ usually means "erotic" in japanese.

Jacke said...

Sho Fukamachi said...
"what the hell does "エロマー” mean?!"

That should be Elomaa, the name of our teacher. But I'll be glad to point out your observation to him! Interesting how Finnish names can "translate" like that. There was also the story of the Finnish politician named Esko Aho... アホ. With a daughter named Henna... ヘンナ・アホ...

D-M.A. said...

Jonas, sorry to disappoint you, but my dad has said that you look like Charlie Sheen too. :D

Jonas said...

S**t...maybe it's true then.