Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Letting out a deep breath

Apparently what I thought was a cavity was a filling that had dropped out (or something).

***
I dreamt that I could fly last night. Not flight as in an airplane, but freely by myself. Not flying as in Superman-flying, more of a controlled float. I'd pull my knees up toward my chest and if I focused I could start floating around. A bit like levitation, but with more mobility. Though the control wasn't that great, stopping and turning was a bit slow, like a boat in water.

If I lost concentration I would fall to the ground, which I actually did, but it wasn't a hard fall, I wasn't even hurt in the impact; it was as if when focusing my body would become lighter and eventually taking off, and when I lost concentration the body would only gradually become heavier again. (When I think about it, it was a bit like the jetpack in GTA: SA...)

I probably wouldn't have remembered it unless I had written it down when I woke up in the middle of it. I also realized then that I have had the same kind of "flying" dream before.

If I had to analyze it I would say it symbolizes that I feel more free now, for whatever reason.
Flying symbolizes the freedom to move in the inner levels of mind otherwise referred to as astral projection or out-of-body experiences.
-Dreamschool - Flying
Yeah... I don't really know what that means.

5 comments:

Ainu said...

My friend said once that it is about sexual freedom..

Jonas said...

I was going to say something about it representing your being able to explore areas of interest that weren’t possible before (the jap thing and your music). Didn’t you say something a while back that it wasn’t enough to just think about it but actually doing it? You have realised that it is totally possible to pursue one’s dreams, thus ”being free”...

But the sexual freedom sounds cool too...*imagining all sorts of freaky things*

Ainu said...

I often fall in my dreams. From a cliff with a car..

I wake up before I hit the ground.

It would be real nice to fly sometimes.
Once I managed to do that when I sat the right time on a cloud (when the wind pushed it). But that's another story.

Jacke said...

Doesn't seem like a very nice dream to fall off a cliff... :(

Jonas said...
"Didn’t you say something a while back that it wasn’t enough to just think about it but actually doing it? You have realised that it is totally possible to pursue one’s dreams, thus ”being free”..."

Yes I did. I had the same thought actually.

Ainu said...

Well I like (in kinky way) To fall. Liked bungee, though it's a long time since I first tried it. I was fourteen..