Friday, July 21, 2006

My last glass of aspartame Coke?

Indeed, it seems as if an era has come to its end. The old-style aspartame-sweetened Coca-Cola light has all but disappeared, now replaced with sucralose. I started facing the music and resigned myself to seeing a bottle of the 'new' Coke light being bought. I haven't opened it yet, as I'm having the last of the old Coke light this evening.

But reading up on sucralose, I have found indications that most artificial sweeteners, aspartame and sucralose included, might be bad for your health. So I'm thinking I can take this opportunity to look around for a new favourite soft-drink unless I get used to the new Coke light.

***
A picture from today. I was out observing when I saw this tree with a weird outgrowth.The image isn't that good, there was a ditch in-between, so I had to take it at a distance, but I'm going to go out again and venture out into the forrest and get a better picture.

I also got myself a Flickr account, where I going to put some pictures. (Seems like the biggest size you can view is 1024x768. If I'd known that I would have resized the images before uploading, thereby saving some of my monthly upload capacity.) If you ever lack motivation to take pictures, just go and explore the Interestingness-section.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But isn’t Aspartame one of the most thoroughly studied food ingredients? I read somewhere that there have been something like 200 scientific studies confirming that aspartame is safe to drink. That’s reason enough for me to not worry about it.

Jonas said...

I bet my left nut that jacke doesn't really give a rats ass about how safe it is. It's the taste that is the deciding factor.

Jacke said...

Well, I do think *a little* about health factors...

Jonas said...

Have you tried Mountain Dew? It also has caffeine in it...I wonder if they have a light version of that...I'll check on my lunch break.