Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Searching for treasure

I took a slight tumble down the stairs to the basement just now. My foot just slipped out and I fell right on my ass. (Well, slightly more on the right side.)

But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

One of the really cool things about growing up on an old big farm was that there was always a lot of stuff around. Having lots of outhouses meant lots of storage room for whatever, and being far away from the nearest trash-container meant that much of what would in normal cases get tossed away was just put on a shelf, in a closet or wherever.

Like this old breathing protector, for instance.I remember playing with this when I was a kid, and it popped up in my mind again recently. I think I also have a pair of protective goggles somewhere, so with that I'd only need a white coat to have a "scientist" outfit.

No comments: