Thursday, July 20, 2006

When Nature goes Bad

I was scraping off a wall of an outhouse today in preparation for it being painted, when I spotted a bumblebee.

Bumblebees are friendly, aren't they.

"Hello, bumblebee."

But this came a bit too close for comfort. It started buzzing around me like crazy, and when I moved position it came after me.

"Gah, what are you doing! Get away from me!"

So I started swatting after it with the scraper, eventually fending him off. Turns out they had some sort of bumblebee-nest there in the wall, and apparently they didn't like me banging on the wall.

But not long after that incident I was struck again. I had continued my scraping, though a bit more carefully now so as to not anger the flying bulls. Suddenly, I felt something drop onto my head. Felt like rain, but the sky was clear. Oh crap.

"Dad, is it..?"

"Yep..."

"No..!"

"Bird-shit."

Oh crap.

I took that as a sign that mother nature didn't want me to do anything else for today.

3 comments:

Ainu said...

It's my nightmare

Jacke said...

I felt a bit like a wimp after having run away from a bumblebee...

Jonas said...

* points and laughs like that Nelson kid from the Simpsons*
Haa haa!