Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Library

I saw a cute girl in the library today and did nothing. It certainly seems to be part of my modus operandi to not do anything when confronted with cute girls. I could see how that could confuse people.

I even had a chance at starting an interaction when she sat down at the computer next to the one I was sitting at, trying to remember what George Harrison was called, whose name I had temporarily forgottten. In fact, my gut reaction was to just ask her if she knew what the guitarists in The Beatles was called, but being me, I suppressed it.

(Oh, by the way bro, I did remember those books.)

In any case, what I was going to say was that I really like libraries. They're so calm and quiet, filled to the brim with information.

I'm brought to mind a scene from Good Will Hunting.

You wasted $150,000 on an education you coulda got for a buck fifty in late charges at the public library.



I'm considering doing some changes to the markup. Usually when I start a new topic in a post, I separate the topics with a centered line of three stars, but I've been thinking of using something else instead, like the line you see here above this segment, perhaps.

4 comments:

D-M.A. said...

Ever since I got a bill of 900 euros in late charges, I've stayed away from that cursed place :P

Jonas said...

You remembered the books?!?!?!
Wow...I'm speechless... That's great!... 'cause I had forgotten about them... again :p

*applause for Jacob*

Anyway, don't beat yourself up about not saying anything to that chick. People in Finland are usually very closed in, especially in public, during the daytime. You just don't go talking to strangers like that. It's not something normal people do around here. Finnish people tend to mind their own business and leave each other the hell alone.

But because no one does it is exactly why I'd love to do that. I later had the idea that I could have struck up a convo with those two Russian chicks I saw yesterday but I was in a hurry...and at the time it didn't really cross my mind.

Ainu said...

"People in Finland are usually very closed in, especially in public, during the daytime."

Well, again, I'm different.

___

I like libraries too...
And churches.
But libraries more!

Jonas said...

"...Well, again, I'm different..."

I don't know you so I don't know if you are or aren't but if you actually say "hi" to strangers on the street when they pass by, start conversations with the person next to you in the elevator and stuff like that (which reportedly is norm in the US) then you are certainly a minority in Finland. Kudos on that.