Thursday, August 17, 2006

One week

Wow, just one week until the next school-year starts. Another summer gone with little results to show from it. Seems to be sort of a tradition for me to get nothing accomplished during summers, but hopefully I will be able to break that tradition.

I think the main problem is staying active; I remember in the beginning of the summer I had grand plans for all the things I would do, and actually started a bit, but as time went by I was drawn down into the ususal lethargy. I would ask for a kick in the behind if I thought it would help, but unfortunately I am as stubborn as a mule when it comes to some things.

***
From the comments to a recent story on Slashdot.
Is this [good] news or not... It could be a trojan horse... (in the Greeks bearing gifts sense...not script kiddie sense)
-mresev
Just a note, the original Trojan horse was a gift bearing Greeks, not the other way around :)
-Red Flayer
It was Greeks bearing a gift bearing Greeks. And if a few of those Greeks was carring presents, say birthday presents to give to somebody after the battle or something, then it would be Greeks bearing a gift bearing Greeks bearing gifts.
-Mr. Slippery
And if instead of a horse they had built large wooden bears, it would be Greeks gifting bears.

Plus, with the proclivity of Greeks to be naked, you could end up with:
Greeks gifting bears bearing Greeks being bare bearing gifts.
-Red Flayer

11 comments:

Jonas said...

“…I am as stubborn as a mule when it comes to some things…”
And how!

Anyway, exactly who has something to show after this summer? Who has done anything that is of any real significance? What have I been doing? Going to bars and clubs, that’s pretty much it. The others in our circle? Working. And you got your whole life to do that anyway.

Ainu said...

I have done million things.

That's the truth.
Not as much as I wanted. But enough.

Jacke said...

Jonas said...
"Anyway, exactly who has something to show after this summer? Who has done anything that is of any real significance?"

Aino said...
"I have done million things."

*whispering* psst! It was a rhetorical question! We're in "comfort Jacke"-mode, not the best time to compare my inactivity with your incredible accomplishments...

Ainu said...

Comfort is shit.

Jacke said...

Yeah...comfort IS shit...especially when a man needs some...But when a woman needs it the whole world should grind to a halt and pamper her and make her feel all better.
*rolls eyes*

Jonas said...

Oh...sorry...that last comment was actually made by me...not jacke... Feel free to edit it bro.

Jacke said...

Looks like blogger has changed some settings so you stay logged in if you don't log out.

Ainu said...

Janas: It is because women are supreme creatures.

Jonas said...

That was the most retarded ting I've read all day.

Ainu said...

Thank you! ;)

Ainu said...

In fact, I'm jealous of you Jacke because you had a vacation.

Try to think positive!
School starts tomorrow. No-one has studied during the summer.