Monday, August 14, 2006

Presents and cake

There was a small event on Saturday, in celebration of, uh, me.

Some presents were recieved and chocolaty cake was eaten, and a phenomenon of nature was observed. It happened whilst we were sitting in the garden, relaxing. It was pretty warm, but with some cool breezes. Suddenly a very strange sound was heard, and Mr. Kong produced a yelp in astonishment (which of those came first, I do not remember). Looking out to the field, we all saw a small tornado out there in the middle of the golden barley! Incredible!

What exactly the sound was I do not know, I'm guessing it occurred when it was formed. It sounded almost like a small house suddenly and quickly crashing in on itself; imploding, perhaps.

In any case: presents. I got a special issue of the Studio magazine concerning home-studios from my brother, and from my sister I got the Collateral DVD. I watched it yesterday, and it was really, really good. It was interesting to see Tom Cruise in a bad-guy role. It wasn't until the ending credits that I noticed that it was directed my Michael Mann, the same guy who wrote and directed one of my favourite movies ever, Heat.

***
If you haven't yet seen Boards of Canadas first music video, do yourself a favour and check it out right now.

No comments: