Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dreams

Tonight I had two dreams that I remember.

First I dreamt that all of my teeth were falling out, one by one. The last tooth was hanging out of my mouth by a long string of skin (supposedly). When I looked in the mirror there was only bloody gums to be seen, and I started crying at the horrible sight. And then I woke up and felt incredibly relieved when I realised it was just a dream.

The second dream was not quite so extreme. Strangely enough it seemed to be animated in the style of a Miyazaki-movie. I don't remember exactly how it went, but it was about a boy who lived alone with a bunch of robot house-servants. His father was away, as he had been for a long time (maybe in a war?), and the boy had come to see the robots as his friends, dressing them up in wigs and clothes. And even though the robots didn't in theory feel emotion, they seemed to have started caring for the boy as well. When the father returned, he was going to take the boy away to another (new?) home, and took all clothes off of the robots. Since the boy didn't want his friends to be just servants, he decided to run away. He had heard of a hidden place up north, that you could only get to with a strange train, where supposedly robots had more rights. So he set off, taking one of the robot friends with him, avoiding search patrols on the way. He had gotten to the station where the train would appear sometimes, and was waiting there when his father appeared with an army. This is where my recollection gets a bit foggy, so can't remember what happens next. I do seem to recall a train, so maybe they made it.

6 comments:

Jonas said...

Haven't you had similar tooth-dreams before? The one about the robots was both disturbing and funny...could be a movie plot..similar to AI (was that the title of that movie with the little robot kid?)... I had a dream that some young boy wanted to kick my ass so I said: go ahead, but only after I have corrected your grammar and sentence structure (he spoke English..poorly). So for every mistake he made I started explaining why it was wrong. Then he got mad and replied something and I had to correct him again... I wasn't at all afraid of getting beaten up because he sucked at grammar and I probably could've taken him anyway.

D-M.A. said...

"Losing teeth in dreams symbolizes the loss of childhood innocence. These dreams often occur at times of transition from one life stage to the next. Your dream may be a message that an important milestone is occurring and urging you to face the inevitable. Losing teeth in dreams may also symbolize a desire to return to the security of childhood."

Jonas said...

And here I was thinking it had something to do with the desire to give better bj’s.

D-M.A. said...

That was my second guess.

Jacke said...

Comments about my dreams, but no comments about the new song?!?!

Jonas said...

You forget that I can't listen to songs from work.