Thursday, November 16, 2006

I predict

I predict that today will be absolutely horrible. I got a minimal amount of sleep last night; a rough estimate of around 2-3 hours. Though I can't say exactly, it went something like this:
  • Lie in bed, trying to sleep.
  • Eventually fall asleep, wake up in the middle of the night sweaty all around me. Get up and adjust the sheets so I won't have to sleep on the wet parts and get some paper to wipe off my legs.
  • Fall asleep again only to wake up another time all sweaty again. Back to sleep.
  • Wake up again, needing to pee. After a visit to the toilet, try to go back to sleep.
  • Lie in bed for a while. Look at clock, shows 5:55.
  • After about an hour of lying awake, realise that it's no use; get up and do some homework.
Wonderful.

2 comments:

Jonas said...

I also have periods where I sweat a lot in my sleep. It's a few nights every year I think. What I do is that I have this large towel or blanket rolled up next to me in the bed. When I wake up all sweaty I just roll the blanket out, turn the pillow and covers and go back to sleep.

I actually don't have any problems only getting a few hours of sleep. I don't find it any harder than usual to get up. Sure I feel a bit tired during the day but not a lot more than usual. If I only manage to get up I'm okay.

Jacke said...

It went better than I thought it would. I made it through fine, except for being a bit tired.