Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Experiment

I think I have just seen the most horrible, scariest, horrifying, saddest movie so far in my life. And no, I'm not talking about Borat, which I have to write about later since that requires a lighter mood wherein I'm not shaking with upset with tears threatening to burst out.

The movie I'm talking about is The Experiment. The premise seemed interesting and I was soon captivated by despite missing the first 15 minutes or so. If you want to see something truly scary, that's what you should watch. Screw Saw and your run-of-the-mill serial killer-movie; the idea that we have our own little monster inside us that is just waiting to jump out and suppress all our common sense is far more scary than that. Seeing regular people being completely twisted just makes you completely lose faith in humanity. I thanked god reading on IMDB that it didn't go as far in the real experiment it's based on, the Standford Prison Experiment.

I honestly can't remember the last time a movie left me this shaken and teary-eyed. Absolutely horrifying... Don't see it if you unless you want to lose your faith in humanity.

(If you've read Harry Potter: I could easily imagine that this is what it would feel like getting too close to a Dementor...)

1 comment:

Jonas said...

Saw isn't really scary...it's interesting and slightly disturbing.