Monday, January 29, 2007

Things

There's nothing like updating your blog when you're downloading something big and need to waste some time. Whenever I write, it seems like it always takes longer than I had expected. But I digress. (And I haven't even started yet!)

It ocurred to me that I haven't really talked about my Christmas loot yet! It's been a while, so there's a risk that something will forgotten.

Movies:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and House of Flying Daggers.

The Hitchhiker's Guide I can only say was mostly disappointing. There's no point in me yabbering on about all the points I didn't like since they mostly mirror the popular opinions of the interwebs.

House of Flying Daggers, on the other hand, I really liked, as I guessed I would, having enjoyed both Hero and Crouching Tiger in the same genre. (I guess this completes the "trilogy" of movies with stylized martial arts starring Ziyi Zhang.)

A gift-card for books.
Might come in handy for the "Japanese literature" course.

A Slinky.
Probably the most popular present in the household this year. It seems like noone can resist the slinky.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. book.
With my like for old spy-shows fairly well documented, it was interesting to get a glimpse at the making of the show.

Money.
Money makes the world go round. I've managed to hang on to my allotment from the festivities, but it seems like some sort of decision would be solidifying. I still haven't set anything in stone, though.

1 comment:

Ainu said...

Kulturkväll på torsdag!!
19:30