Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Composing

Something I noticed.

As we are aiming to get at least a couple of original songs made this year with the band, I have gone into construction-mode. This in turn got me really eager to get ideas out, just tossing down chords and melodies, then quickly building them up to include the standard fare, bass, drums etc., inevitably at 4 AM. As it turns out, you can make some really bad decisions at 4 AM, which I realized at the latest band-meet where we listened through the material gathered so far.

So for the draft I'm polishing at the moment, I decided to take some time before sending it out, listen through it and try to hear what needs to be done. So far it seems to have paid off since I almost think it's one of the best of this bunch, even though I'm sort of growing tired of the melody...

No comments: