Thursday, July 01, 2010

Back & front OneLight style

I had a thought some time ago about the possibility of doing a backlit portrait, where the background goes all white. Having only one light makes it a bit tricky, of course, but I figured that if I could plop a reflector right in front of the face, it might reflect enough light to give a proper exposure.

With that in mind, I started setting up what I had. My cardboard softbox in the back, and at the front, a piece of white paper disposable tablecloth I had found for cheap.
As you can see, relatively close quarters.
Cutting a hole in the paper got me a place to set my camera and get the shot.
So we have light coming from the softbox (quite bright), bouncing off the white paper and coming back. One light, not so shabby results.

No comments: