Friday, December 31, 2010

Mysteries of the world

On the last night of the year 2010 I will diverge a bit from the barrage of camera-talk in favour of something completely different.

Despite having seen people around me get together and break up countless times, I still can not understand the specifics of how two people end up "dating". I keep imagining eomtional scenes from teen movies or Japanese drama-series where one character reveals their true feelings while walking home, sharing an umbrella, even though I know it probably isn't anywhere like that in real life. At what point do people decide to get together? What is the chain of events that usually precede it? These are things I have yet to discover, since it is something that I guess must be experienced personally.

Reality check.

But I guess that in the end, it doesn't really matter. Even though it is the source of most of my daily worries, it amount to such an insignificant sum on the scale of wordly troubles. I have my family, I have my health, I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in and lots of toys to play with. But even knowing this, I still can't help but worry about things that in the end won't matter.

It seems like people have a certain amount of worries that they need to allocate in their lives. If it's not the large stuff, cancer, death, homelessness, it's the small stuff, like which brand-name handbag to buy or which camera has the better high-ISO performance.

For 2011, I would wish for myself to let that which does not matter, truly slide.

No fear. No distractions.

2 comments:

Ainu said...

Hej Jacke, my favourite photographer!

Jos tuut Helsinkiin, niin ehdottomasti yhteyksiƤ, mun koti on sulle avoin :)

...

Jacke said...

Hey! I might take you up on that offer sometime in the not-so-distant future.. ;)