Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blast from the past

I was visiting my parents, and while looking through some cupboards I realized that they have a huge amount of old slides. These are some 30-odd year old pictures that still look good, so I got the sudden urge to try to digitize them.

First I tried the all-in-one Epson scanner, but that failed miserably. Rethinking it, I remembered I had seen instructions on how you could use a DSLR to "retake" the pictures, thereby getting them into digital. With some ghetto-style construction using a milk carton, I got surprisingly good results.

I don't know if it's my brother or sister or somebody else, but looking through the slides was almost like peering into a time-machine. I will definitely have to build a better rig for getting these digital.

No comments: